Monday, February 14, 2005

ifp spirit awards

Well, I just voted in the IFP Spirit Awards. I'm not sure who's going to win, but here's my picks.

Best Feature - Sideways
Best Director - Alexander Payne for Sideways
Best First Feature - Garden State
John Cassavetes Award - Mean Creek
Best Screenplay - Sideways
Best First Screenplay - Garden State
Best Female Lead - Catalina Sandino Moreno for Maria Full of Grace
Best Male Lead - Paul Giamatti for Sideways
Best Supporting Female - Virginia Madsen for Sideways
Best Supporting Male - Thomas Haden Church for Sideways
Best Debut Performance - David Sullivan for Primer
Best Cinematography - Maryse Alberti for We Don't Live Here Anymore
Best Foreign Film - The Sea Inside
Best Documentary - Tarnation (I didn't see it. The only one in this category I saw was Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster which was great. But I heard that Tarnation is amazing. I voted for Metallica: Some Kind of Monster.)

Watch the IFP Spirit Awards Live at 5p ET/ 2p PT on IFC LIVE Feb. 26th! Or the rebroadcast on Bravo at 10pm ET/PT.

Also, two movies that I highly recommend after viewing for the Spirit Awards are:

Maria Full of Grace & Mean Creek. These movies I hadn't heard of until I was screening them for the awards process. Both of them just blew me away. So go out and rent them. They are both available on DVD now.

Later.

No comments: