Saturday, December 13, 2008

2008 is history


2008 was a big year at work, so not a very big year for no clue productions. I didn't get any new videos posted, so the website didn't get updated too much. I still have things that I want to do, but need to carve out more time to do it. My web series "no clue quickie" was booted from iTunes because I hadn't produced any new episodes, but I will try to get it back in there once I've got something new to share.

2008 was a big year for me personally. I had lots of ups and downs, but my biggest online presence was social networking. I tried out Facebook and loved it. Me and facebook and the iPhone are all over it. I also joined Twitter and I try to stay active on both.


But now that 2008 is history, i thought I'd at least share some of my favorite movies of the year. The best was The Dark Knight. Christopher Nolan directed in my opinion a masterpiece movie that just so happened to have the comic book character of Batman at its core. It was brilliant. Other movies I enjoyed immensely were Iron Man, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, WALL-E, Bolt, Into the Wild, No Country for Old Men and Juno. Movies that I thought were good, but not really great were Eagle Eye, Role Models, The Incredible Hulk, There Will Be Blood, Superbad, The Pineapple Express, Cloverfield, Quantum of Solace, Kung Fu Panda, American Teen, Hancock and Jumper. I loved the 3D in Journey to the Center of the Earth, but didn't love the movie. Some disappointing flicks were Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Harold and Kumar 2, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. The movie I hated the most was Step Brothers. It was a funny concept with great actors, but a very unfunny movie in my opinion. I also loved Sunshine, which I saw on DVD this year. Fantastic.

So even though the economy is in the crapper right now, enjoy your holiday season and let's hope that I can too. I'll be back in 2009 for more blogging fun.

Let's also hope that the Buffalo Sabres can get it together. They haven't been playing too well lately, but did manage to get a win recently which looked good.

Happy Holidays!

No comments: