Saturday, February 24, 2007

no clue movie review - fred's 2007 oscar picks


Well, I'm still watching some of the nominees (Babel, etc), but that won't stop me from trying to pick the winners. Again, this is a list of who I think WILL WIN. It's one of the tightest races in years that I can remember, so watch the awards tomorrow night. I will be watching.

Here's my picks:

Best Picture: LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE
Best Director: MARTIN SCORSESE (The Departed)
Best Actor: FOREST WHITAKER (The Last King of Scotland)
Best Actress: HELEN MIRREN (The Queen)
Best Supporting Actor: EDDIE MURPHY (Dreamgirls)
Best Supporting Actress: JENNIFER HUDSON (Dreamgirls)
Best Animated Feature: CARS
Best Art Direction: DREAMGIRLS
Best Cinematography: PAN'S LABYRINTH
Best Costume Design: THE QUEEN
Best Documentary Feature: AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH
Best Documentary Short: REHEARSING A DREAM
Best Film Editing: UNITED 93
Best Foreign Film: PAN'S LABYRINTH
Best Makeup: PAN'S LABYRINTH
Best Original Score: BABEL
Best Original Song: LISTEN (Dreamgirls)
Best Short Film - Animated: THE LITTLE MATCHGIRL
Best Short Film - Live Action: THE SAVIOUR
Best Sound Editing: LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA
Best Sound Mixing: PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST
Best Visual Effects: PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: DEAD MAN'S CHEST
Best Adapted Screenplay: LITTLE CHILDREN
Best Original Screenplay: BABEL

There's my ballot. Print your own at oscar.com

I'm off to watch more movies.

No comments: