Friday, February 16, 2007

Sabres win three in a row at home!


The Buffalo Sabres have won 3 games in a row at home and have 3 more home games in a row coming up. This is good news for fans like me since the Sabres are still at the top of the Eastern Conference in a comfortable position. The Sabres have been palying really well as of late, but there is some bad news.

The Sabres have lost some key players to injuries in the last few games. Paul Gaustad, a forward, is out for the rest of the season with a severed left ankle tendon. Jaroslav Spacek is out for at least a month with a broken left hand. Center Jiri Novotny re-injured his left ankle and is out for awhile. Perhaps most devastating is the loss of Maxim Afinogenov. He scored a goal to tie the game last night and that was after suffering a broken bone in his shooting wrist. He was on pace to score more goals and have more points than last season. He could be out for 6 weeks. Too bad for him and too bad for the Sabres. They will have to dig deep now and have some younger players step up. I really believe in this team this year and I have been really impressed when I've been able to watch them play. There's a game coming up on Versus that I get to watch. I'm pretty excited. I'm not panicking since they are at the top of the division and one of the NHL's big teams this year. I just really want my team to win the Stanley Cup. Good Luck Sabres! Keep up the good work!

No comments: