Sunday, April 26, 2009


April 21st, 2009 - Top 7 Perform Again! Disco Night
Good all around show with lots of surprises in my opinion. Hated the old disco performances from the elimination night, but we did get a little Archuleta after having some DC (David Cook) the week before. Here's my reactions from this week's performances.

Lil - "I'm Every Woman". Finally a great song choice, but I didn't love it. Man, this girl just needs a super producer to take her and scoop her up. She needs lots of guidance and I still feel that she could be a Whitney Houston type. But, this is probably it for her.
Kris - "She Works Hard For The Money". Seriously Kris, you picked this song? It was a good performance and I liked what he did with it. But a very weird song choice for me.
Danny - "September" by Earth Wind & Fire. I knew this would be a rough week for Danny, but he pulled it off. I liked it and it had tons of energy. I'm sure not the type of song he would normally perform, but he did great.
Alison - "Hot Stuff". She looked hot! Wow! Her singing was good as usual, but not her wheelhouse either. I did like her performance though.
Adam - "If I Can't Have You". Just when I'm starting to hate him again, he pulls out another fantastic performance. I did like this performance.
Matt - "Stayin Alive". I liked what he did with the song. I enjoyed the performance. I'm not sure it's enough to stick around another week.
Anoop - "Dim All The Lights". I really liked his performance. I thought he did a great job. Top 5 he you go Anoop.

Elimination Night I was figuring that Lil was going home. Good luck to her. I was surprised that Matt G stayed and Anoop went home. I really was. I like Matt, but I thought Anoop was better the night before.

Let's see what happens this week on Idol. I hear it's Rat Pack Standards Week. Should be interesting....

No comments: