Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Watch Dollhouse Week #1


Yesterday started Watch Dollhouse Week. It's basically an internet fan movement for the TV show Dollhouse created by Joss Whedon. I am really enjoying this show and like all Whedon series, it's in danger of not getting renewed. Since I love the show, I decided to take part in this internet social experiment by watching an episode of Dollhouse that is suggested each day from 4/27 - 5/1 and then tuning into a new episode Friday night at 9pm on FOX. I figured I'd blog and twitter about it each day after I watch the episode they suggested and give a reaction. I've seen all the episodes already, but I thought this would be a good opportunity to re-watch and comment, plus it would be fun. I'm a day behind already, but it's the thought that counts. And if you're not watching DOLLHOUSE, this is a good opportunity for you to start by watching the suggested episodes online and then tune in to the new episode Friday at 9pm on FOX.

DAY 1: Man on the Street
This was episode 6 in the series and this is the one that changed it all for me. Dollhouse up until this point was a hard to follow yarn about an underground club of sorts for the really rich who rent humans that are imprinted with specific memories and abilities. I say hard to follow, because it was very mysterious up until this point and I wasn't sure where it was headed. This episode gave it a new focus and new dimension for me. FBI agent Paul Ballard comes face to face with Echo, whom he knows as Caroline, and thinks he's finally on to something with the mysterious dollhouse. I'm like, he's going to figure it out and drill in. But then as you'll see it goes deeper including the introduction of a sleeper "active doll" which is fantastic. I don't want to ruin it if you haven't seen it yet. An abused "doll" by their handler, more talk about the "actives" becoming attracted to one another. It's a stand out episode that is interspersed with Man on the street interviews asking the general public about the Dollhouse. I loved those. Anyway, this episode made the series more intriguing for me and more enjoyable. I suggest you check it out. Hulu has all the episodes online, plus you can get them on FOX ON DEMAND. Both Hulu and Fox on Demand are FREE. Plus, you can buy from Amazon or iTunes. Watch Dollhouse Week has all the links you'll need too.

Tonight, I'll blog about the next episode in Watch Dollhouse Week: Echoes

Again, I can't say it enough. Watch Dollhouse. It's a great show and Eliza Dushku looks fantastic each week.

No comments: